12. I don't like to wear most high-heeled shoes, they make me feel vulnerable. In fact, I don't like to wear any shoes in which I could not run away from a chainsaw wielding psychopath. This includes clogs.
13. I don't expect to need to run away from such a person, but you never know. I would hate my shoes to cause my doom.
14. The funny thing is, I am a tap dancer and I can tap-dance in 2-1/2 inch heels, no problem. Thus I think the problem with most heels is not that they are high, but they are poorly made (i.e. unbalanced). I don't have the money to buy really expensive shoes (which one may assume to be better made) to test this hypothesis.
15. I don't understand why there are not more attractive alternatives for flat shoes that are comfortable. This is the kind of thing that could make me angry if I bothered to worry about it too much.
17. If given a choice between a shoe in black, brown, and red, my first choice is always the red. Brown would be my second choice. I don't know if my preference for red is really a preference for color.
18. Right now I have only one pair of red shoes and they really need to be polished up.
19. In high school I had a pair of purple-suede ballet-slipper type shoes with ties around the ankles. I loved those shoes, but didn't wear them much. If I still had them today, I would wear them all the time.