Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Jan. 22nd - Hibernation

Hibernation describes my weekend (perhaps psuedohibernation would be a better). It was cold. I did not leave the house. The weekend was filled with quiet relaxation - reading books, watching movies, knitting, cooking.

I finished another hat - but no pictures at this time. I am in a period of hat-mania right now. There are a lot of different types of hat I want to knit. Berets, watch caps, onion domes, star shaped hats, pillbox hats, stocking caps, with stripes, cables, colorwork, lace. Since hats knit up so quickly, it does seem like I can easily flit from one to another and yet finish a project. I am trying to refrain myself from casting on for 10 different hats at once. I still have my gloves to finish, and I wish I had them today - it was 8 degrees this morning when I left for work.

Movies - We checked out from the library a 4 movies set of Boris Karloff movies (Boris Karloff was the original movie Frankenstein's Monster and also narrated the cartoon version of the "The Grinch who stole Christmas").
The movies - in order of most to least favorite
1) The Boogie Man Will Get You - A comedy also starring Peter Loree. One of the best comedies I have seen in a while.
2) The Black Room - A dual role for Boris - He plays an Evil Baron and his twin brother, who are under a curse that the younger brother will kill the older (the older is the Evil Baron).
3) The Man they could not Hang
4) Before I Hang
3 and 4 were almost the same movie - a brilliant doctor has either found a way to bring people back from the dead (3) or to create everlasting youth (4). Each is found guilty of murder that is sort of in the gray area of murder (for different reasons) and in the end, their discoveries drive them to be true murders.

Overall, I really enjoyed these movies and would recommend them, especially if you like older movies. We also watched "Rear Window" which was excellent.

Well - I need to get back to work. I need to finish prepping for my classes tomorrow.

No comments: