Friday, May 30, 2008

Herbs

Red Fuschia and Blue Lobelias

The pots on the front step
The pots on the side of the house


My garden has made me happy. Each morning, I walk around my yard, examining the plants I have planted, checking to see if they are doing well. I really enjoy planting and planning. I love watching the plants grow and blossom. I just feel cool when I go out to collect spinach or some herb to use for dinner. Granted the last does not happen all that often, so I think the next additions to my plant collection will be culinary herbs.

Herbs I have currently
Basil
Thai Basil
Pineapple Sage
Rosemary
Cilantro
Lavender
Sweet Woodruff
Elfin Thyme (though I don't know if you eat this, I'll have to taste it).
Chamomile

What I need/would like to have
Regular Thyme
Sage
Parsley (though I have planted some seeds in the greenhouse at school)
Lemon Thyme
Mints
Dill
Fennel
Bay Laurel

No comments: